Dutch barge for sale, Pied-a-Terre with Egham Mooring
Great value – 2018 survey and BSC to May 2022
Hi, and thanks for looking at my ad for this 49ft Dutch barge for sale on behalf of the owner. She was built in Holland and was manufactured in their traditional style with an all steel construction of hull, decks and superstructure and would be ideally suited as a high quality liveaboard, a pied-a-terre or equally as a holiday cruiser for a barge enthusiast. If you look around you can see that the asking price of £44,950 is very reasonable for a boat of this quality and size with a mooring in this location and the owner will also consider reasonable offers; she is advertised for sale elsewhere.
Come and have a look around her, she is a great boat with so much charm and appeal with a really usable layout, great outside space, safe decks and a bright and light interior alongside good equipment. You will not be disappointed.
The mooring is fully transferable to the new owner and is in an ideal location in Egham / Old Windsor on the River Thames. The town centre is only a short walk away and has a full range of banks, shops, launderette, pubs and restaurants. It also boasts a mainline station running into London Waterloo including stops at Clapham Junction. The boatyard is small and friendly and everyone is welcome and the boat can be viewed there.
- Manufactured in Holland with a beautiful, classic shape
- Boat Safety Certificate until 15th May 2022
- Surveyed 30th March 2018 as part of the restoration
- Other documents available for inspection
- Photographs of full hull and superstructure re-paint in April 2018
Superb outside space for use at your moorings and while cruising
Wonderful aft deck with space for al fresco dining
Wide and safe side decks with fitted stainless steel handrails
Spacious foredeck with space for anchoring and rope work
Superb robust cleats all around for mooring
- Sliding hardwood doors open each side of the wheelhouse
- DAF 615, 6 cylinder diesel producing 120hp
- A superb engine for this size of barge with powerful cruising on rivers and canals
- 1 x starter battery and 3 x leisure batteries, 230a/h each, 1 x bowthruster battery
- 3 separate battery chargers for each battery bank
- 1 x 240 volt inverter for power throughout the boat
- Full shorepower circuit throughout the boat with new consumer unit
- Full 12 volt power throughout the boat for lights and other services
- 12 volt lighting, individually switched, and a mix of spotlights and ceiling lights
- The wheelhouse is large, spacious and bright with the helm position to port
- Tradition steering wheel and single lever morse controls
- Fitted sofas to port and starboard make this a very sociable area
- Each sofa is also a single berth
- Access via lifting boards to engine and services
- Access via steps down to the aft cabin bedroom
- Access via steps down to the forward private areas, toilet / shower, saloon and galley
- Bathroom is to port with locking door off short corridor
- Porcelain sink with stainless steel taps and storage below
- Porcelain toilet, an electric macerator, to a holding tank
- Separate shower unit with chrome / stainless steel fittings
- Large open saloon forward with plenty of room for loose furniture
- Wall-hung TV opposite a large sofa bed that converts to a comfortable double
- Brand new multi-fuel stove in a newly fitted hearth that looks so smart
- The stove is perfectly placed to keep the whole boat warm over the winter months
- Newly fitted galley forwards that fitted across the beam and to port
- Storage cuspboards and drawers worksurface above attractive contrasting doors and trim
- Stylish and modern stainless steel sink with stainless steel mixer tap
- Brand new gas hob with 3 burners – professionally fitted
- 3-way fidge with freezer compartment under worksurfcae with matching fascia to storage units
- LPG instant hot water heater fitted to port
- 400 litre diesel tank and 1000 litre water tank
- The interior is a carefully matched blend of modern and traditional
- Lining is a beautiful mix of typically narrow, Dutch style, tongue & groove to the ceilings
- Painted plywood to the walls, above and below the gunwales with contrasting paintwork
- Nicely finished laminate flooing in the lower sallon and galley
- Attractively painted boards in the wheelhouse for engine and services access
- The boat is very secure with sliding and lockable hardwood side doors
- High quality aluminium famed windows all around with openers
- The windows are large meaning that the whole boat is very light and bright
- Complete with cruising essentials: ropes, mooring pins, winding handle, BW key and more
Overall, this is a really good opportunity to get hold of a very good value Dutch barge with all the advantages that a widebeam gives you with great outside space and a practical and usable layout at a very attractive price that is suitable for use as a full-time liveaboard, a pied-a-terre or as a holiday or weekend cruising boat. Both the interior and exterior are in excellent condition and the whole boat is light, bright and airy and perfect to make a wonderful living space. She is a great boat and comes with moorings that are very reasonably priced so please come and view her so you can see for yourself.
You are welcome to come and see the boat and look her over,
so please feel free to give me, Richard, a call on 07958 792122,
and ask any questions or to arrange a viewing.
Alternatively, you can just turn up and look around as the boat is in a boatyard on the Thames; Bell Weir Boats Ltd, Yard Mead, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0AA.
Cash, Cheque, Banker’s Draft or Bank Transfer is required for payment, and the payment will have to clear before you can use or take the boat. The boatyard welcomes DIY boaters and also has a full range of professional services on hand. I can also help with delivery if needed but you are more than welcome to continue with the mooring in the boatyard.
Please feel free to email, phone or visit.